We do welcome children under the age of 6 years to our Holiday Clubs but advise parents of the following.
1. All children must be able to go to the toilet by themselves. We do supervise toilet runs but cannot provide one-to-one staffing for young children who need to be helped in the toilet cubicles.
2. The Holiday Clubs are not Child Care facilities but instructional classes and as such children will be working on Drama tasks towards shows etc and need a certain level of focus and concentration.
3. Often the shorter afternoon sessions are better suited to younger children.
4. Children aged 4 and 5 often struggle with full days - they are tired by the afternoons.
5. We cannot provide additional staffing to deal with children who opt out and become restless.
6. Parents often feel assured that an older sibling will look out for their younger child. This can happen but equally a younger sibling can seek their attention so much that the experience of the Drama week is totally diminished for the older child.
7. We encourage parents to assess their young children before booking them into full week sessions and taking a place.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SHOULD A CHILD BE UNABLE TO COPE WITH THE SESSIONS AND NEED TO WITHDRAW, WE ARE AT THIS STAGE UNABLE TO ISSUE A REFUND AS THE WEEK IS UP AND RUNNING AND OUR TUTOR AND VENUE FEES HAVE BEEN AGREED AND COMMITTED TO.