Perseus and The Medusa- A series of lessons with links to Literacy Age 8-11 years.
1) The Oracle -The Birth of Perseus and a challenge is set him- Configuration Mime, setting the scene, characterisation in story circle.
2) Athena gives Perseus the shield and Hermes presents the winged sandals and sickle (sword) – Improvisation, shoe –shop. Mirror effect – whole class synchronized movement.
3) The Grey Sisters tell Perseus where the Stygian Nymphs with one eye live. They give Perseus the Invisibilty helmet and a bag for the head – Improvisation and Character
4) At The Medusa’s cave – Configuration, Improvisation
5) With Atlas and saving Andromeda from Dragon– Improvisation, movement
6) The Olympic Games and King Polydectes Is Turned To stone- Movement and Improvisation.